Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Athletics

On the 13th of October it was athletics day for Pt England school. Pt England school had 4 different teams and they aren Hinemoana, Hokule’a, Te Aurere, and Hikianalia.

My favourite activity from athletics was the relays because my team worked really well together and we helped each other and cheered for each other as we went. The activity I found challenging was the sprints and the tagger war.I found tagger war hard easy in the first 2 rounds but when we versed Hikianalia and Te Aurere they were really hard to beat because they we strong and they worked together as a team to win.

Finally after all that running and doing the activities it was lunch time and we finally had some rest and had something to eat. As soon as the bell rang it was time to go back to have some more fun at athletics.It was time to do high jump and I really enjoyed high jump because all we did was have fun while jumping on the mat and enjoying athletics while we can.

When athletics was over I couldn’t stop thinking about how much fun everyone had. What I enjoyed about athletics was working as a team with the year 7 girls, participating in the activities, I also enjoy myself and I enjoyed having fun at athletics and I enjoy being a year 7.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora John Lee,

    It's great to see that you enjoyed the Athletics Day so much at your school. I absolutely love sport and I particularly enjoyed our school Athletics days as well. In Canada, we call them 'Track and Field' days but they're essentially the same thing. It was nice to read that everyone was so supportive of one another and cheered each other on. I love to hear that! I used to work as a PE teacher in England and I was always trying to encourage my students to participate and to support one another. It was a wonderful experience!

    Speaking of experiences, I hope that you might consider joining our Summer Learning Journey programme this summer. It will, hopefully, be a really fun and interesting experience for you as you await the beginning of the next school year. It will also be a great way to maintain your reading and writing schools over the break.

    If you'd like to participate please consider logging onto the Summer Learning Journey site (https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/) and going to the 'Weekly Activities' tab. There are 20+ activities posted there and you can complete as many as you would like to and blog about them. Each blog is worth points and the students with the most points at the end of the summer will win prizes!

    Hope to see your join our journey!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, John Lee! It was really neat to read about your experiences at Athletics Day. It sounds like you are quite an athlete! When we have Track and Field meets in Canada, we also have high jump. Do you participate in long jump or triple jump as well? I always competed in long jump, but could never master the triple jump! There were a few too many steps and leaps for me to figure out. Regardless, I can completely understand your love of being active. I reach Physical Education at high school in Canada and really love it! I would love to hear more about your Athletics Day and also your love of baseball. Cheers, Leigh

    ReplyDelete